1. Prepare an infusion or tea using 1 to 2 cups of water and the plantain leaves, wild violet leaves and thyme leaves.
2. Steep for at least 1 hour though not more than 8 hours.
3. Strain with a tea strainer, cheesecloth, or French press and return the liquid to the saucepan.
4. Add the honey to the liquid in your saucepan.
5. Warm the mixture just slightly to enable the liquid and honey to mix. (not heating above 110 degrees Fahrenheit)
6. Transfer syrup into a clean, dry, sterilized glass bottle(s) or jar(s) (ideally, a dark-coloured jar or bottle to protect from light exposure) using a sterilized funnel.
10. Label and store in the refrigerator.
To Use: Take 1 tablespoon every 4 hours for adults, 1 teaspoon every 4 hours for older children. (Children under the age of two should not have honey. Use an alternative sweetener for children under two)
NOTE: I added marshamllow root and Licorice root to my syrup as I had it in stock.
Shelf Life: Up to 1 year in the fridge